Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand

After a fruitless transition day in Bangkok, we headed for the island of Ko Pha Ngan with the purpose of attending the Full Moon Party, just to see what all the fuss was about.

It turned out the island was teeming with adventure, you just had to know where to look. And sometimes adventure came in the most mysterious and dangerous packages. But, what happens in Ko Pha Ngan, stays in Ko Pha Ngan. Staci and I have sworn each other to secrecy so that some of the adventures will stay mysterious.

But there are a few things I can share with you all…

We stayed outside the main tourist town in a very nice resort called Golden Hill. To get there, we had to trek up a huge hill to the reception building, but it was worth it. They had little bungalows, a swimming pool and a great (albeit expensive) restaurant. They unfortunately did not have wi-fi, so that’s when my blog got way behind. However, it was nice relaxing on the beach and not having the distraction of the internet. I finished the book I was reading and yet another one, so I felt like I was finally making progress on the stack of books I had brought.
Relaxing on our own private beach....
One lovely afternoon, adventure came in the form of hiking and waterfalls. We spent the day moped-ing around the island in search of waterfalls. Several of them were listed on our map, so we had fun exploring the bumpy dirt backroads in search of Paradise Waterfall, Phaeng Waterfalls and Than Naam Rak Waterfall.

No comments: