My last dance class….

My last day of dance classes has finally arrived. I must admit that I am excited for the last day. This Thai dance stuff is gruelingly difficult. I have such admiration for the ladies (like my teacher, Ying) who do it, day in and day out. And they make it look so easy!



























The best part for me was at the end of the day. My teacher and the owner of the dance studio dressed me up in the appropriate costumes for each dance and then I had to perform all the dances. They took videos of each dance so that I can refer to them once I get home! And believe me, I’ll need it!!! After a few more months of traveling, my brain will be so full that I already know I will not be able to remember these dances.













By this point, I was tired. I was tired and I had a headache from my hair being pulled up so tight and having such thick make-up layered on my eyes. But it was so worth it. These pictures turned out so beautiful that it was completely worthwhile.




















Sword Dance






























Candle Dance































Fingernail Dance





























Candle Dance





























Umbrella Dance

(No pictures at this time)


And the end of each class, the way a student says thank you to their teacher is by this special bow.











































Korp Kun Ka Ying!!!!

1 comment:

Yia Yia said...

Oh wow! Those are wonderful costumes and you look great, Jessie! Can't wait to see you perform those when you get back.